Job Title: Health and Safety Adviser
Reporting To: H&S Advice Team Manager
Hours of Work: Full time, permanent
As we continue to grow, exciting opportunities have arisen at Citation for an experienced Health and Safety Consultant to join our Health and Safety Advice team.
This office based advisory role includes the provision of H&S expert advice to our clients (from a wide variety of industries) with associated researching of health and safety issues and the provision of support documentation.
For example, this may involve providing guidance on the creation of risk assessments, safe systems of work, talking clients through their obligations in relation to accidents, enforcement action or advising on the completion of contractor questionnaires.
The role also includes internal health and safety support and advice within Citation and the development of documentation, services and computer applications.
The successful candidate will have:
• Relevant and demonstrable experience of health and safety, ideally gained over at least five years.
• Sound working knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation, industry standards and Approved Codes of Practice.
• A minimum of a NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent.
• Membership to a recognised health and safety association. Demonstrable evidence of continual professional development as CPD and at least working towards chartered status would be expected.
• Excellent verbal (particularly telephone) and written skills with attention to detail; these are essential to this role for the creation of newsletters, fact sheets and policy documentation etc.
• An ability to work equally effectively on their own and as part of a team, being self motivated and able to meet deadlines.
• An ability to participate in the development and delivery of health and safety training and presentations at business sector seminars, CPD sessions, etc.
• Experience with supporting company quality management systems and similar.
• Good ICT skills, particularly with Microsoft Office tools.
• Ability to manage individual workload in accordance with departmental demands and work successfully within a dynamic environment.