IT Service Desk – 2nd Line Support Analyst
Reports To: 2nd Line Team Leader
Hours of Work: Mon-Fri 8am-6pm (Rota)
The IT Service Desk is the single point of contact for all IT services, requests, and incidents. The IT Service Desk is a busy, dynamic, fast paced team, servicing 6 individual businesses and over 1000 colleagues
In the role of 2nd Line Support Analyst, you will be responsible for interpreting escalated user problems and identifying solutions. The role of the IT Support team is to ensure that our colleagues have the technology they need to do their roles to achieve our business objectives.
We are looking for customer focussed stars to join our IT department to support our colleagues both hands on in the office and remotely across the UK.
This role would suit an IT graduate or someone looking for their next role in IT having 2 years’ experience in a similar role with certifications such as ITIL and preferably Microsoft certifications.
Include but not limited to:
- Performance and capacity monitoring of systems and environments
- ISO27001 compliance monitoring and proactive / reactive management of issues
- Resolution of escalated colleague service requests or incidents as assigned within SLA
- Supporting 1st Line support / Service Desk in busy periods
- Set-up new hardware such as PCs, Laptops, iPhones and iPads.
- General end user compute support tasks
- Liaising with 3rd party Suppliers
- Escalating calls where necessary to 3rd line support
- Create and manage user accounts and licences in M365, Local Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
- You will be required to travel to other offices as and when required.
- This role would suit an IT graduate or someone looking for their next role in IT
- Customer focussed and personal drive to deliver the best solutions
- Enthusiastic to deliver the best customer service putting your colleagues at the heart of everything you do
- Good communicator on the telephone, through email, and face to face
- Proven organisational skills
- Diligent, attention to detail
- Great team player with the ability to act on your own initiative when required
- Ability and desire to learn about the systems we support
- Enjoy solving problems
- Ability to prioritise your own work loads and manage expectations
- Calm and focused
Knowledge and experience in the following is crucial
- Windows Platforms – Windows 10, Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019
- Active Directory, Power Shell
- M365 / Teams / Sharepoint / One Drive for Business
- Intune Endpoint Manager
- Cloud based technologies (Azure / AWS)
- ITSM Tools
Knowledge and experience in the following will be advantageous.
- Hyper V
- Mimecast Email Security
- VPN, RDP
- VOIP / Ring Central / Cloud Based Telephony
- Mobile devices – iPhone, iPad
- Laptops, PCs
- Go To Assist, GoToMyPc