Job Title: Content Marketing Executive
Department Marketing – Brand & Content team
Location: Wilmslow, Cheshire
Hours of Work: 8.30am – 5pm
Salary: Up to £25,000 (depending on experience)
We’re on the hunt for a creative content enthusiast to help propel our exciting – and busy! – marketing plans to the next level.
As a Citation content marketing executive, you will contribute to the development of our tone of voice, brand, and content generation across all areas (print, online, social, events, and internal comms). To us, it is very important that we feel that your profession is your personal passion.
This position is for someone who wants to be a leader in content marketing. You will have the opportunity to craft the language at Citation, so you need to be a creative individual with big ambitions, who can dive in and apply your expertise to add value to this fast-growing business.
We’re B2B – but we’re not boring! And we’re not following the crowd, we want our copy to stand out. We want to find new and exciting ways to attract and engage our new and existing clients.
The role will report directly into the Head of Brand and Content, and will be required to work collaboratively with the rest of the marketing team and key stakeholders across the business.
• Owning, and providing leadership on, all Citation copywriting.
• Producing engaging copy for both online and offline channels, including the website, marketing campaigns, social media, press releases, print collateral, videos and internal comms.
• Monitoring and working continuously to improve SEO friendly copy for the Citation website, and supporting SEO outreach campaigns.
• Driving new ideas to support the overall content marketing strategy and marketing plan.
• Ensuring Citation’s tone of voice is heard through all content produced and published.
• Proactively responding and reacting quickly to newsworthy announcements, providing editorial support accordingly.
• Building relationships with our industry experts and translating their technical knowledge into easy to understand, engaging copy.
• Working closely with our graphic design team on in-house marketing activity, especially around campaign ideas and hard-hitting headlines and body copy.
• Reporting and analysing on the effectiveness and impact of copy, and suggesting new copy ideas to help client conversion and retention rates.
• English degree preferable.
• Impeccable writing and editing skills.
• Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it.
• Highly creative and imaginative with an eye for detail.
• Able to develop advertising headlines and body copy across all marketing channels.
• Knowledge of SEO best practices. Understanding of how to rank in search engines and ability to quickly adapt to algorithm changes.
• Ability to analyse and present reports on copy performance.
• Project management skills and understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders, with focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales.
• Strategic thinker, who can bring new ideas and quickly move to execution.
• Good at building relationships and working in collaboration with technical experts.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Strong work ethic with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Team player with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.