Events Marketing Manager
We are Citation Group. We offer colleagues and clients an opportunity they will not gain at many other businesses. We are interested in growth, investment and service excellence, we have never and will never grow our business by cost cutting or tying people up in bureaucracy. We don’t do politics – we want people focused upon actions and delivery. We don’t do micro-management – we empower, support and innovate. We are leaders, not empire builders and we love our business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, commercially focussed and results-driven Events and Partner Marketing Lead to join our marketing team at The Citation Group.
Leading a team of three, while also working closely with our marketing specialists, you will own and drive forward the events and partner marketing strategies across the Group.
You will have experience in delivering channel marketing activities to budget and possess a detailed understanding of events and partner marketing – both strategically and tactically.
You’ll be comfortable building relationships with external partners and senior stakeholders and be full of ideas on how to improve our activities and hungry to see the results your improvements bring.
You’ll be joining a fast-pace and growing team and will have the opportunity to work across multiple brands and be part of a business set to triple in size over the next three years.
What you will do:
- Plan and deliver all events and partner marketing activity across The Group, ensuring consistency of delivery, approach, messaging and tools/technologies.
- Work closely with Group channel leads and Heads of Marketing across our portfolio to deliver right place, right time webinar and partner marketing plans.
- Manage, develop and motivate an ambitious team and bring them on the journey with you to ensure you deliver across all KPIs.
- Maximise affinity/vertical opportunities, working with internal teams and sector specialists to identify industry pain points and hot topics.
- Roadmap the internal team and outsourced platforms/technologies required, and the tools required to deliver the Group-wide events and partner marketing programme.
- Measure and report performance of all events and partner marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI, conversion, deadlines etc)
- Utilise reporting and tracking mechanisms to help identify and tier partners, ensuring time, resources and energy are spent on partners who deliver the best/proven return-on-investment, monitoring how these change over time and identifying any trends and opportunities.
- Evaluate emerging technologies, ensuring all channel activities with partners are explored and measured – including email, sponsorship, PR, online and offline advertising, referrals, webinars and events, social media, direct mail and SMS marketing.
At Citation, we’re all about culture and values, which means it’s really important for us to find someone we gel with. If you read the below and think “Yes! That’s me!” then you’ll fit in just fine:
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and can easily adapt to change.
- You’re a strong team player with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- You’re proactive in bringing new ideas to the table and taking ownership of your area.
Who we are looking for:
- A relevant degree (or marketing certifications / training)
- Experience in developing multi-channel, lead-generative marketing plans – owning from concept through to completion, delivering to budget against commercial KPIs.
- Work well under pressure, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and analytical skills, data-driven thinking and experience of analysing performance data.
- Ability to manage stakeholders and peers from briefing through to delivery and reporting.
- B2B webinars and live events experience is preferable.
- Proven experience working within the professional services sector desired, but not essential.
Why choose us?
Working for Citation you will have access to 25 days holiday plus your birthday off work, childcare vouchers, gym membership discounts, healthcare cash plan, the opportunity to purchase extra leave, pension contributions and more.