Service Desk Analyst
1st Line Support Analyst
Reports To: 1st Line Team Leader
Location: ISO, Norwich
Hours of Work: Mon-Fri 8am-6pm (Rota)
The IT Service Desk is the single point of contact for all IT services, requests, and incidents. The IT Service Desk is a busy, dynamic, fast paced team, servicing multiple individual businesses and over 1500 colleagues.
You should have excellent customer service skills and broad knowledge of IT. Be confident, friendly and approachable with a good telephone manner and able to communicate with staff who have varying IT Knowledge. Having an eye for detail and accuracy is essential.
You will have 1-2 years’ experience within IT service desk and demonstratable customer service skills with an aptitude for technology.
Include but not limited to:
- Receiving and handling requests for service, following agreed procedures and SLA’s, accurately and to a high-quality originating from our portal, telephone, and face to face.
- Logs incidents and service requests and maintains relevant records:
- Identifies and classifies incident types and service interruptions
- Records incidents cataloguing them by symptom and resolution
- Provide 1st line technical support
- Acting as customer liaison and delivering an excellent customer experience
- Take ownership of user requests and be pro-active when dealing with user issues
- Providing updates to the customer on the progression of their call
- Administration of required systems and documentation
- Liaising with 2nd and 3rd line support teams and 3rd party / vendor support teams
- Escalating calls where necessary, monitoring 2nd and 3rd line SLA’s
- Maintain the IT asset register
- You will be required to travel to other offices as and when required
- Support hours are currently 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, with a shift rota.
- Telephone and face to face customer service skills
- Empathy and understanding of customer needs
- Effective organisation and time management skills
- A good technical understanding of computers, networks and communications systems
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Knowledge and experience in the following will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Windows 10, M365 & Active Directory
- ITSM Tools
- MS Outlook
- MS Teams
- iOS / iPhones / iPads
- Go To Assist, GoToMyPc