Course Aims & Objectives
This course is designed for those who hold a valid First Aid at Work Certificate. This course will update their skills and renew their certification for a further three years.
- Managing an incident
- The priorities of first aid & the legal duties of employers
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Resuscitation / CPR
- Heart Attacks; Choking; Asphyxiation; Shock; Bleeding; Fractures; Burns; Eye injuries
- Poisoning and exposure to harmful substances
- Minor and major illnesses
- Common workplace injuries
- The correct use and management of first aid kits
- Appropriate record keeping
On-going assessment of understanding throughout the training, and evidence of safe and effective first aid treatment.