Job Description: Senior Analyst
Location: Northampton – remote options available
Reporting into the Directors on a day to day basis you shall be responsible for the whole product lifecycle, including working on your own projects and collaborating with the technical and consultancy teams to deliver the software design and support activities for the successful release of new web and desktop applications.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on design, development, support, training, user acceptance and testing activities
- Participate in discovery sessions to define new applications and features
- Deliver support activities to ensure and demonstrate delivery of the SLA agreements
- To coordinate user training
- To monitor application performance to agreed specifications
- To coach, mentor and manage the data and software support engineer’s activities
- To ensure completion of routine checks and availability of system back ups
Write and review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Agree, write and implement security policies and resolve any security vulnerabilities.
- Deliver agreed personal objectives within specified timescales
- Collaborate with the team to ensure successful deployment of new releases
- Ensure data security is maintained (customer information and company IP)
- Ensure that customer requirements are fulfilled
- Understand company strategy, and be commercially aware
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum/Waterfall/BDD development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing eg. Burp Suite
- Competent with Visual Studio (Latest Version)
- High degree of aptitude for problem solving and creative thinking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
We are Citation. We are far from your average service provider. Our colleagues bring their brilliant selves to work every day and we create an environment where they can shine. We are a nice bunch. We don’t do office politics or “that’s not my job”. We listen, support and take ownership.
We have been proudly delivering valuable HR and Health and Safety services to SME’s across the UK for over 20 years. Passionate about service, we’re on a mission to revolutionise our colleague’s and client’s experience by employing brilliant people who are experts at what they do and smile whilst they are doing it.
Working for Citation you will have access to 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off work, gym membership discount, healthcare, childcare vouchers, the opportunity to purchase extra leave, pension contributions and more.
It’s a great place to work because of the people we employ. Fun and professional, we want likeminded individuals who love to love their job (no ‘mood hoovers’ here thanks!) and want the Company to succeed.
So, if our culture sounds like a good fit for you and you want to be part of our success story, then send us your details.