HR Business Partner
Fulltime, split base between office and home with occasional travel
Citation are one of the top 30 companies in the UK to work for with thousands of very happy customers. (Our 5* Trustpilot and Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!) We are really proud of our leading colleague engagement and retention rates. It is what has enabled our double-digit growth every year for the last 7 years and it is core to our business strategy. As we scale for further growth across the Citation Group, hopefully that’s where you come in.
In the Compliance Division we have a number of businesses which provide a range of HR, Health and Safety and Occupational Health services to small businesses across the UK.
We are far from your average service provider – our clients stay with us not just due to our expertise, but due to the human touch and business acumen we bring to all our clients.
Our whole reason for being is to attract, retain and develop great people. We know that you sustainably raise performance through engagement and that leadership and culture is key to this.
We’re looking for a commercial HR generalist to play an integral role in our team and business. You will be working closely with assigned areas of the business to deliver the People Plan and their basic HR needs as well as help them be their best whilst driving change, supporting rapid business growth and a variety of ambitious and exciting projects all while making sure our culture is nurtured and developed. It’s a true generalist position!
- Work closely with assigned areas of the business to drive the People Plan, identify and deliver key HR initiatives
- Provide HR support for all matters in your business area including; performance management, training and development, ER issues including: Grievances, disciplinaries, redundancy, long term sick, disputes, TUPE, colleague wellbeing including maternity / paternity
- Project work – we’re constantly growing and evolving so there’ll be plenty to get stuck into
- Stats – understanding our people numbers helps us perform better
- Rewards & remuneration – from helping develop our benefits to doing the admin and liaising with payroll you’ll be involved
- Support with embedding new acquisitions into the Citation Group
- Admin – it needs to be done right, so we all have a part to play
- Compliance / business protection – you know how the importance of this and will make it integral to the way we work.
- Colleague engagement – Everything we do is aimed at protecting and building our high performance culture and our great colleague engagement scores.
- Internal Comms – As a team we own the internal Comms – it’s the voice of our culture, a glue that helps bind us and has never been more important
- L&D – we like to keep it relevant, quick and easy to access, be prepared to get involved in supporting the delivery of existing programmes and help to create new material
We’re not your everyday HR department and we’re not looking for your everyday HR person.
- It’s fast paced and always changing so you need to be up for the challenge, always ready to adapt and get stuck in
- Agile with a growth mindset, you will really care about our business. You get that you are a role model for and a custodian of our culture and will always put your best self forward.
- It’s all about the people in Citation so you’ll need to demonstrate a wide range of influencing and communication skills. With high emotional intelligence and sound commercial acumen, people will want to come you, not just because of your expertise, but because you are great person to work with.
- We’re always growing and changing so you’ll need to demonstrate how you positively embrace change personally and drive change successfully within your business
- Whilst it’s all about the people we’re not pink and fluffy, you’ll need to demonstrate your commercial edge too
- We’ve got a coaching style with our managers, we work together to help find the best solutions so you’ll need to show us your coaching and problem solving skills
- You’ll have experience of dealing with a wide range of ER issues and feel comfortable dealing with issues from basics to complex issues
- You’re always learning and developing – you might not have all the answers yet and you’re willing to learn and give it a try
- We’re always looking for ways to improve our processes to create a better experience for colleagues so you’ll show initiative and come up with new ideas on how we can do this
Ideally you’ll also have..
- Experience or exposure to large change projects (could include restructures or business integrations)
- Experience of working in a standalone or semi autonomous role would be advantageous
- Experience of writing and delivering training
- CIPD level 5 or 7 or equivalent experience
What will you get from us?
Working for Citation you will be able to split your time between home and office, c3 days a week in the office, a range of benefits and the opportunity to grow your experience and career in so many ways. We know life isn’t always 9-5 and we’ll happily consider part time hours.
It’s a great place to work because of the people we employ. Fun, professional and supportive, we want likeminded individuals who love to love their job (no ‘mood hoovers’ here thanks!). So, if our culture sounds like a good fit for you and you want to be part of our success story, then send us your details.