Losing a loved one is always a difficult time, and as an employer, it’s important that you handle bereavement leave sensitively, fairly and legally.
If you’re not entirely sure what your responsibilities are, in this free guide, we cover:
- The legalities – including the Employment Rights Act 1996, Section 57(A), the Equality Act 2010, and stillbirth.
- Whether or not you should pay employees for bereavement leave.
- The immediate aftermath – including six tips to help with the initial conversation.
- Support – things to bear in mind, like funeral arrangements and financial repercussions.
- Considerations – a 360 look at everything from family relations and workplace impact.