It’s widely known that one in four construction workers contemplate suicide*. And that’s not the only shocking mental health statistic rocking the industry. The suicide rate for construction workers alone is over three times the national average**.
As an employer, we know you care for your people but mental health can often be a difficult topic to address – from the perceived stigma around opening up to not knowing how to spot the signs of a decline in mental health.
To coincide with this year’s Men’s Health Week – and to support the industry in tackling the perceived stigma around mental health – we hosted a special, 60-minute webinar with Citation solicitor Emma McGrath, and special guest Danny Clarke from the National Federation of Builders, on this crucial topic facing the sector.
Missed the session? Complete the form on this page to get free, exclusive access to the webinar on-demand covering key talking points including:
• The scale of the issue in the Construction sector with special insight from Danny Clarke
• Advantages of having a work environment where employees feel able to talk about mental health
• Creating a supportive culture for employees with mental health issues
• How to enable managers to effectively manage mental health at work
• Practical steps to developing a strategy including getting buy-in from senior managers and encouraging managers to support their teams.
If you’re struggling to manage employee health and wellbeing in your business and you’d like to discuss how Citation's services can help you put your people first call 0345 844 1111.